Chilli Growing Class – Terms & Conditions
V1.01 Jan 2022
- Chilli Growing Classes are operated by Uncle Paul’s Chilli Charity (or any third party it chooses to employ) at Butcombe Farm, Somerset, BS40 7UW, UK.
- Your voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue. You must have booked and taken your experience before the expiry date.
- Vouchers are digital, as is the booking portal. Please note that we do not currently offer printed & posted vouchers however, you can print at home once purchased.
- All classes MUST be booked in advance. All classes are booked on a first come first served basis and no assumption should be made that a booking is secure until it has been confirmed in writing by Uncle Paul’s Chilli Farm.
- Participants must be 16 or older although any persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a fully paying adult. We do not allow non-voucher bearing persons to spectate the class.
- Classes are delivered using the English language. The duration of the class is approximately 2-2 ½ hours.
- This experience is available on selected dates from mid-January to the end of April. All bookings and dates are subject to availability.
- If you arrive late for your experience you may miss part or all of the event. If we are not warned of late arrival in advance it may be necessary to cancel your booking with no refund.
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary due to the venue being a working farm. Every effort will be made to remain consistent during each class.
- The voucher covers the cost of your attendance only. It is the responsibility of the attendee(s) to organise (at their own cost) any transport or accommodation if required.
- Any equipment provided to participants as part of the class is given in good faith. Equipment is checked prior to each class. There will be no exchange or cash equivalent should a participant not wish to accept the equipment provided for home use.
- Photography and/or video recordings are not permitted during the class. Anyone doing so will be immediately asked to delete any such images and may be removed from the class.
- There is ample parking at the farm. Vehicles are parked at the owners own risk.
- Cancellations by the participant or voucher owner must be advised in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours prior to the booked class date.
- It is at the discretion of Uncle Paul’s Chilli Charity as to whether an alternative date can be offered in the event of a cancellation.
- Voucher refunds are not provided in the event of a cancellation unless cancelled by Uncle Paul’s Chilli Charity.
- In the event that Uncle Paul’s Chilli Charity have to cancel or postpone a class, no liability will be accepted for any costs incurred by the voucher owner or participant(s)(s) as a result of the cancellation.
RISK & SAFETY
- Uncle Paul’s Chilli Charity or its subsidiaries hold Public Liability Insurance. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
- Uncle Paul’s Chilli Charity will regularly risk assess the teaching areas and take reasonable measures to ensure participant and staff safety. However, as the event venue is a working farm, participants accept that there will be risks present such as (but not limited to) uneven ground, wet areas, varying temperatures, livestock and machinery.
- You must have a reasonable level of fitness to take part and be able to walk unaided as there is uneven ground
- It is the responsibility of the attendee to check the weather conditions prior to the class and wear appropriate clothing. As the class takes place on farmland, suitable footwear for muddy, uneven ground is highly recommended. Footwear must be comfortable and with a closed toe (i.e Boots) in all conditions. Clothing may get dirty/muddy due to the classroom venue and environment.
- The class is an ‘all weather’ event (unless extreme weather conditions present a safety risk determined by Uncle Paul’s Chilli Charity) which takes place in a large, unheated polytunnel.
- The undertaking of this activity may involve some personal risk and you may be required to sign a disclaimer on the day. Refusal to agree to the disclaimer may result in you not being able to participate in the class. In such circumstance, no refund or rebooking option will be provided.
- Your class instructor will provide safety instructions or known risks before the class begins. Please listen carefully, take notes if you wish and ask questions in the event of any doubt.
- Class instructors or some staff on duty at the time of the class are First Aid trained.
- It is recommended that attendees bring a non-alcoholic drink in a non-glass/non-breakable container for their comfort. No food is provided as part of this class unless otherwise stated by Uncle Paul’s Chilli Charity.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the farm. Anyone caught doing so will be immediately asked to leave.
- Attendees will be asked to declare their smoker status as smokers present a dangerous risk to the health of the plants on the farm. Smokers will be asked to wear non-latex gloves for the duration of their visit to the farm. Anyone refusing to do so may be asked to leave.
- You are expected to be sober, kind, courteous, respectful and non-disruptive to all other attendees and staff. Anyone breaching this term will be asked to leave the class.
- In the event that you have a complaint about the class, please let the staff know immediately. If you are unable to do so at the time, please contact email@example.com within 7 days of your class completion date.
- Any complaints must be made directly to Uncle Paul’s Chilli Charity and its staff only. Anyone choosing to bypass the charity and post remarks on social networks (before allowing the charity opportunity to address the complaint as satisfactory as possible) may affect the outcome of their complaint and any recompense.
SOCIAL NETWORK GUIDELINES
- User Conduct: You agree not to upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any User Content or other data that is false, inaccurate, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or that otherwise degrades or intimidates an individual or group of individuals based on religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age or disability;
- Content posted by you: You acknowledge that you are responsible for all the information, data, text, software, photographs, graphics, video, messages and other materials (“User Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, which you upload, post, email or otherwise transmit via the website or social network services. For all User Content you elect to post, you grant us the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully sub-licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivate works from, distribute, perform and display such User Content (in whole or part) worldwide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. We shall have the right (but not the obligation) in our sole discretion to refuse, move or remove or seek removal of any User Content that violates these terms or is otherwise objectionable.
- Positive reviews are highly encouraged.